Play is not doing - it is being
The International Play Iceland team organise week long trips for large groups of people (as many as possible) in order to spread our message and keep the movement growing. We focus our tours to play based settings and schools in hope of gaining more knowledge and experience in that area from seeing how other settings approach that style of learning.These tours have been proven to be some of the most influential and enlightening times of many of our participants careers, it is a chance to open up to new ideas and in some cases a reminder that you are on the right track and are doing a good job!
Click on the image to discover all about our UK Seminar
GROUP BOOKING DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE FOR NURSERIES AND SCHOOLS - Email us from here
Who is International Play Iceland for?
- International Play Iceland is for anyone committed to the positive development of children through play
What will you learn?
- The experience takes you through the understanding of self-managed learning across the world
What can you expect?
- This is a life changing experience bringing you into a growing group of childcare and development experts
We learn, we share and we reflect
As well as these tours, we like to play too! So, we will also explore the city that we're visiting and have breakfast, lunch and dinner together as a group. We like to use this time to reflect on our experiences that day and to discuss ideas with each other.
In the past we have all joined together for a conference, which have been hosted by Tom Shea, 'Teacher Tom' Hobson and Janet Lansbury, for an evening of educational chatter.
How the tour unfolds
- At the end of Day One most of our delegates are already acknowledging the unique differences in the culture and the way children are respected in Iceland. A chance to get to know one another, visit the famous Icelandic Blue Lagoon, have a spot of lunch and head to the hotel.
- On Day Two the sharing across nations has begun and new ways to communicate are emerging. We will be working with close friends that will expand on Childcare in Iceland.
- Day Three brings a really unique experience of both understanding and experiencing ‘Play is not doing, it is being’ under the stars, between the mountain and the sea. Here we will be talking, sharing, eating, discussing and learning about play.
- Day four develops skills in storytelling, open ended activities and resources – less is more, using nature to story tell.
- And every breakfast and supper is an opportunity to share understanding across nations.
"International Play Iceland has expanded my world view on multiple levels. Childhood is universal; all children experience joy, freedom, curiosity, and confidence when the adults in their lives model calm and trusting interactions"
Teresa Ashford 2015 & 2016
"Really- what this is truly about is changing the world"
Teacher Tom 2015
"Wow... it's the only word I have to say..Wow"
Lorraine Smith 2015
TRYING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE....
International Play Iceland is a non profit organisation that is bringing together childcare practitioners from all over the globe to join forces and change the way that children are educated once and for all.
An international event where practitioners have the opportunity to connect across continents and create professional bonds that fuel their passion for years to come.